Want to start the Chinese New Year in a new position? Here are some open food and beverage positions in our fair city.
CHAO Hotel and Clubhouse is slated to launch in the former City Hotel space near Workers Stadium in July and will include restaurants, a bar, a wine cellar and numerous event spaces. Here are two of the current openings:
- Director of Food and Beverages: The ideal candidate has worked at a high-end hotel or private club and has a good understanding of local and international foods and beverages. Click here for details.
- Executive Chef: Knowledge of Chinese and global cuisines, experience in a high-end hotel and / or stand-alone restaurant, and an understanding of sourcing in the local market is ideal. Click here for details.
(Guanxi points if the successful candidates can help convince the powers-that-be to let former next-door neighbor The Den reopen!)
Sanlitun South-based Jing-A Taproom is advertising openings for no fewer than six positions. They include:
- Sales Director for China (to create a sales plan, handle regional managers and promote the brand beyond Beijing).
- Sales Manager for Beijing (to coordinate with “hip” bars and restaurants).
- Chinese Marketing Coordinator (warning: job description includes the words “craft beer evangelists”).
- Marketing Director (to work with a team of three to four).
- Art Director (to handle everything from brand image to posters to merchandise).
- Retail GM (to manage the taproom, described as “Bejing’s leading craft beer destination”. Hmm, sounds like you better be pretty cocky, too.)
More details on all of these jobs here.
Finally, Kempinski Hotel is looking for a chief sommelier — local candidates only. The job involves buying, selling and managing wine as well as tastings and other events. The ideal candidate has at least two years of similar experience in a hotel. More details here.
* * *Get regular Beijing updates via my Instagram and Twitter feeds. Also see my sibling sites Grape Wall of China, World Baijiu Day and World Marselan Day. Help cover the hosting and other costs of these sites with a WeChat, AliPay or PayPal donation.
* * *