This is my tenth year writing this blog and I am posting a series of “blast from the past” pics posts from the Beijing bar and restaurant scene. As you will quickly find, I’m not a professional photographer, but these shots nevertheless capture the scene as I saw it. This post includes pics from five places in 2009:
- Frank’s Place was celebrating its twentieth birthday and founder Frank Siegel, a key player in starting Beijing’s modern bar scene, had his jersey retired.
- Apothecary, backed by a team that included Leon Lee, Max Levy, Daisuke Onishi and Motonari Uchiyama, had just opened.
- Salud in Sanlitun, led by veteran bartender Jackson Bai was a budget-friendly option and, on this day, the perfect place to watch the biggest snowball fight I’ve seen in Beijing.
- Zeta Bar in Beijing Hilton was home to a wide range of events, including cocktail training session like the one shown here.
- And former sports bar Danger Doyle’s near Workers Stadium hosted what was, at that time, a pretty big craft beer tasting.
More posts coming soon!
Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Check my sibling sites, Grape Wall of China, World Baijiu Day and World Marselan Day. And help cover the cost of my sites with a contribution through PayPal or WeChat.