Taste the air! At times like these, when a blanket of smog weighs on our fair city day after day, when it seems just a matter of time until the pollution index reaches one million parts per million, when even the trees want to get up and leave (drum roll), the thought of a vacation some place sunny and clean is easy to conjure. But what of those coming our way? Surely we owe them some honesty in advertising. Thus, this seems a good time to dust off a post from 2010, do a bit of updating, and provide some tourism slogans for polluted times. A dozen slogans, including a few that came from a a powwow on Twitter:
01. Beijing: It’ll Take Your Breath Away
02. Beijing: No Need for Sunscreen
03. What Goes in Your Lungs, Stays in Your Lungs
04. Beijing: (At Least) 50 Shades of Gray
05. I [Lung] Beijing
06. Beijing: The City That Never Breathes
07. See the Sites! (Up to a Maximum of 50 Meters)
08. You Might Leave Your Heart in San Francisco, But You’ll Lose Your Lungs in Beijing
09. Beijing: Gray Is the New Blue
10. Taste the air
11. Beijing: Gray Skies Are Coming Your Way
12. Beijing: Where Everyone’s Horoscope Is Cancer
Let me know if you have a favorite. And stay safe! Times like these are pretty depressing, especially since Beijing is such a beautiful place when skies are blue.
Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Check my sibling sites, Grape Wall of China, World Baijiu Day and World Marselan Day. And help cover the cost of my sites with a contribution through PayPal or WeChat.