By Jim Boyce | Deck the halls, silver bells, roasted chestnuts, Batman smells. It’s Christmas in Beijing and a few people asked me this morning about where to get a festive meal today. I quickly gathered info on eight places and posted them below.
IMPORTANT: CHECK BEFORE YOU GO! It’s the safest way to make sure you get your Christmas dinner seat / turkey / steak / lamb / lobster bisque / etc. Some, like Modernista, are RSVP only.
The eight places, with posters at bottom:
- Joe’s Bar & Grill: A newish Gongti sports bar with a Christmas buffet dinner.
- Groovy Schiller’s: A German-centric restaurant / bar with a four-course meal, including turkey.
- Niajo, A Spanish restaurant with a five-course dinner plus wine pairing option.
- VinVino: A wine / tapas bar with a Christmas meal that features chicken.
- Caravan: A Moroccan bar / restaurant with a Bethleham-themed lunch and dinner.
- Migas Sanlitun: A Spanish restaurant—closing in one week!—with a five-course Christmas lunch.
- Parkside: A Lido venue with a Christmas set menu with turkey or steak main.
- Modernista: A hutong joint with a dinner featuring black truffle ravioli, lobster bisque and more.
Again, always best to double-check on seat availability. Wherever you go, whatever you eat, all the best for Christmas!
Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Check my sibling sites, Grape Wall of China, World Baijiu Day and World Marselan Day. These sites take a lot of resources. Help cover the cost with a contribution through WeChat or Paypal: