By Jim Boyce | Deck the halls, silver bells, roasted chestnuts, Batman smells. It’s Christmas in Beijing and a few people asked me this morning about where to get a festive meal today. I quickly gathered info on eight places and posted them below.
IMPORTANT: CHECK BEFORE YOU GO! It’s the safest way to make sure you get your Christmas dinner seat / turkey / steak / lamb / lobster bisque / etc. Some, like Modernista, are RSVP only.
The eight places, with posters at bottom:
- Joe’s Bar & Grill: A newish Gongti sports bar with a Christmas buffet dinner.
- Groovy Schiller’s: A German-centric restaurant / bar with a four-course meal, including turkey.
- Niajo, A Spanish restaurant with a five-course dinner plus wine pairing option.
- VinVino: A wine / tapas bar with a Christmas meal that features chicken.
- Caravan: A Moroccan bar / restaurant with a Bethleham-themed lunch and dinner.
- Migas Sanlitun: A Spanish restaurant—closing in one week!—with a five-course Christmas lunch.
- Parkside: A Lido venue with a Christmas set menu with turkey or steak main.
- Modernista: A hutong joint with a dinner featuring black truffle ravioli, lobster bisque and more.
Again, always best to double-check on seat availability. Wherever you go, whatever you eat, all the best for Christmas!
[Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Check my sibling sites, Grape Wall of China, World Baijiu Day and World Marselan Day. These sites take a lot of resources. Help cover the cost with a contribution through PayPal or WeChat.]